A future for Conkram? (Spoilers)

Have some thoughts on something located in the Karisto Kingdom? HERE!
LegaiaWiki
Level ∞

A future for Conkram? (Spoilers)

Post by LegaiaWiki » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:37 pm

At the game's end, we see what appears to be the top of what used to be Conkram get covered in grass and two flowers bloom. Do you think the site of Conkram would stay that way from thereafter? Perhaps there would be those that traveled away from Conkram before the Mist arrived who would return and wonder what happened to their former home, and learning the truth, decide to rebuild Conkram close to how it was previously. If Vahn, Noa, or Gala explained what happened to any of the ruling powers, would any of them show interest in the site? The land which comprised Conkram could possibly be turned into a memorial that's not allowed to be disturbed so as to respect the memory of those that lost their lives. Or perhaps the Sol empire would feel a bit vindictive after the Mist and decide to build on top of Conkram to create an extension of Sol.

What do you think eventually happens to those grass-covered hilltops?

Redhollowlives999
Level Awesome.

Re: A future for Conkram? (Spoilers)

Post by Redhollowlives999 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:51 pm

I definitely see a shrine being built there, particularly with a statue of Noa.

They might also build a city around it. But what still baffles me how people even get and leave there in the first place.
it really do be like that tho

Sephirothansylar
Level 19

Post by Sephirothansylar » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:55 pm

I remember reading something about like a mountain pass or something between conkram and Sol maybe even a valley but it seems like mountains collapsed or something and somehow the path was destroyed. Presently I would think they could make that train sim seru(assuming it's still in existence) travel there after they built some of those towers that it travels along.
Death doth rain....Death doth reign

Fastest way to rake in fishing points(about 1,000/minute aprox.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZF8OCR9T3E

Redhollowlives999
Level Awesome.

Post by Redhollowlives999 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:00 am

There's a possibility that Conkram purposely closed itself off from the world. Makes sense, considering that the Royal Family had connections with the Soren, they could've probably came and left as they pleased.

Sephirothansylar
Level 19

Post by Sephirothansylar » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:32 pm

Took some googling but found this "The northernmost region of Karisto holds the nation of Conkram, a highly wealthy and aristocratic place in comparison to other cities. Before the age of Mist there was a mountain pass that led to Conkram, but it disappeared for unknown reasons. " -http://legaia.wikia.com/wiki/Karisto_Kingdom. Oh here we go "As the juggernaut retrieved its tentacles, it turned again this time, released the remaining energy of the weapon on the mountain range behind it. The rockslide that ensued blocked the pass between the mountains indefinately as the heat from the blast fused the core elements in the rocks together. The mountain pass became nothing but solid rock." -http://laegreffon.deviantart.com/art/Hi ... t-21758779. That one says fan fiction though so I guess the reason the pass disappeared is unknown. Thought I remember it being mentioned in the game though, maybe I am wrong.
Death doth rain....Death doth reign

Fastest way to rake in fishing points(about 1,000/minute aprox.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZF8OCR9T3E

Redhollowlives999
Level Awesome.

Post by Redhollowlives999 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:38 am

I do vaguely remember it being mentioned that the path disappeared (most likely by Dr. Usha and his aides or a Soren because who else could've known that without getting up and checking).

LegaiaWiki
Level ∞

Post by LegaiaWiki » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:22 am

I wonder how that path to Conkram disappeared. Maybe it was an act of desperation by Conkram when it was clear they were on the losing end of the war? That's my own theory anyway, along with the original purpose of the Absolute Fortress being for Conkram's citizens to hole up inside it if it was apparent that Sol's army was about to march into Conkram.

If there were a direct sequel it would be kinda sad to have a scene where cement is poured on top of the flowers that bloomed at the end of LoL.

Redhollowlives999
Level Awesome.

Post by Redhollowlives999 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:43 pm

There's also the possibility of Cort closing himself and the world's biggest Mist Generator off from the rest of the world. Just as a safety net.

LegaiaWiki
Level ∞

Post by LegaiaWiki » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:59 pm

That's another possibility. Too bad the Ra-Seru can't just portal anywhere they want to go like the Sim-Seru can.

Or maybe they're able to do so as well and just decide not to because they like to make things inconvenient for people. :?

Redhollowlives999
Level Awesome.

Post by Redhollowlives999 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:28 am

But honestly, with the death of the Seru, I doubt anyone will bother digging up Conkram again for a few years (at least until technology catches up with our modern one). But that could take anything between a few years to several decades. Conkram at that point (especially considering that that clam left very little ruin of the city) would probably just be considered history.