Vidna Windmills

Have some thoughts on something located in the Sebucus Islands? HERE!
Mewmew
Level 5

Vidna Windmills

Post by Mewmew » Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:52 pm

Does anybody else wonder exactly how the windmills are protecting Vidna when you first go? The more often I play through the game the more I wonder how they're doing any good. They're pointing towards a mountain, with mist behind them. Wouldn't they just pull the mist into the town, rather than push it away? Or are they supposed to be pushing air in the other direction even though the body of the windmills would be in the way?

Redhollowlives999
Level Awesome.

Re: Vidna Windmills

Post by Redhollowlives999 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:16 pm

It all depends on the air currents I guess, if. You check in the draken kingdom forum ; the current of air was also what saved rim elm so wind plays an important role in LoL
it really do be like that tho

LegaiaWiki
Level ∞

Post by LegaiaWiki » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:02 pm

Well the Mist was blowing from the Ocean Fort of Dohati, which was the general direction the giant fans were facing.

Btw, I hate calling them windmills because they're actually called "giant fans" in the Japanese version. Windmills don't work like fans anyway. Plus, when you speak to NPCs they say that the "windmills" were created in order to cool off the town due to the heat from the hot springs. So yea...

Hiro
Level 12

Post by Hiro » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:38 pm

Sise-Neg wrote:Well the Mist was blowing from the Ocean Fort of Dohati, which was the general direction the giant fans were facing.

Btw, I hate calling them windmills because they're actually called "giant fans" in the Japanese version. Windmills don't work like fans anyway. Plus, when you speak to NPCs they say that the "windmills" were created in order to cool off the town due to the heat from the hot springs. So yea...
They probably called them windmills in the Armerican version because that is what they look like to most of us. I feel ya though, windmills don't create wind they move because of wind so giant fans makes more sense.

Redhollowlives999
Level Awesome.

Post by Redhollowlives999 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:26 pm

In retrospect I question why they used steam to power those mills..err..fans.
I know its the most abundant thing around. But they should really keep a backup generator (because legaia DOES have electricity). As a matter of fact. Why would they even wear seru? Especially since they are on sea level.

Sol had a logical reason to wear seru. They were high up. (Although I question why they weren't affected by the mist the FLYING mist generator didn't do anything but make their seru stronger.)

the the the the, I question why nobody but 1 guy thought of making a shelter.
Sorry for waking this topic up; just wanted to get this outta my chest.
it really do be like that tho

Sephirothansylar
Level 19

Post by Sephirothansylar » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:59 pm

Seru even outside of mist make the user stronger and have certain abilities. Also if you read at Drake Kingdom they actually put the seru on on purpose and locked themselves up because if I remember right a person without a seru is like poisoned by the mist and they would be killed by other monsters anyway so if they turn into a monster it saves them kind of.
Death doth rain....Death doth reign

Fastest way to rake in fishing points(about 1,000/minute aprox.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZF8OCR9T3E

Nightshade
Level 60

Post by Nightshade » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:50 pm

I don't know of any specific quote that outright states that Mist is poisonous to those not wearing possessed Seru, but it's probably necessary to become crazed in order to prevent oneself from going insane. Plus, it would royally suck to grow up for 10+ years in a tiny little cage on account of being the only hiding space. You'd go insane either way.
Do not question yourself with the why or the how. I simply am, and that is all you need to know.

K73SK
Level 89

Post by K73SK » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:54 pm

I think the poison would be starving to death lol. Obviously they don't need food when they have Seru XD
Donate to legendoflegaia.net if you are one who wants to keep it alive! http://www.legendoflegaia.net/donate.html

Nightshade
Level 60

Post by Nightshade » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:57 am

K73SK wrote:I think the poison would be starving to death lol. Obviously they don't need food when they have Seru XD
That was actually explained; there was some correspondence by King Drake that they intended to survive on Drake Water while under possession by the Seru - Drake Water is stated to have some sort of mystical property, and I believe it was stated that it is possible to survive on a diet of only that.
Do not question yourself with the why or the how. I simply am, and that is all you need to know.

GoldenPower89
Level 57

Post by GoldenPower89 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:34 am

I just always assumed they didn't need to eat while posessed by a Seru. Like... the Seru gives them the energy they need to survive or something...