Vidna Windmills

Have some thoughts on something located in the Sebucus Islands? HERE!
K73SK
Level 89

Re: Vidna Windmills

Post by K73SK » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:25 am

Nightshade wrote: That was actually explained; there was some correspondence by King Drake that they intended to survive on Drake Water while under possession by the Seru - Drake Water is stated to have some sort of mystical property, and I believe it was stated that it is possible to survive on a diet of only that.
That covers the people in Drake then but... What about the rest of the world? That Seru that was trapped inside a closet in Ratayu? Maybe that was their intention but the Seru possession didn't require it? IDK lol.
Donate to legendoflegaia.net if you are one who wants to keep it alive! http://www.legendoflegaia.net/donate.html

Nightshade
Level 60

Post by Nightshade » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:51 am

I guess at some point it becomes a case of law of conservation of detail. So, our options are either to speculate or to realize that it's not an important part of the story and therefore not worry too much about it.

It is possible that ceasing to age also implies a cessation of all other biological functions, or Seru possession negates the need to eat? Who knows.
Do not question yourself with the why or the how. I simply am, and that is all you need to know.

Gameplaer90
Level 16

Post by Gameplaer90 » Fri May 09, 2014 8:27 am

I think people Ceace to age when in posetion of a Seru, But i think they still need to eat...how IDK...
May we all remember the roads we traval...even if they are diffrent then others or what you did not expect....

GoldenPower89
Level 57

Post by GoldenPower89 » Fri May 09, 2014 9:29 am

I thought they didn't need to eat either. Drake Castle's residents locked themselves in cages for ten years. Unless they had ten years worth of food in each of those cages, I assume they don't eat.

Gameplaer90
Level 16

Post by Gameplaer90 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:38 pm

Well in Sol tower a woman thought she had a dream that she was scarfing Soren bread like a hungry Wolf. Corect me if I`m wrong but If i remember corectly, when a person is taken over by a Seru, that person belives that he or she is in a Hellish nightmare. So I would think the need to Consume food is still there, Its just that the Metabolism rate is lower in Humans controled by Seru.

-- Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:38 pm --

Bringing Science into Legaia....Just what wee need...
May we all remember the roads we traval...even if they are diffrent then others or what you did not expect....

Sephirothansylar
Level 19

Post by Sephirothansylar » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:05 pm

On Vidna windmill subject- if you look up images or play through the game and look, you can see when they first enter, it shows the windmill blades facing them which contradicts how they look outside of town, my guess is they only made one windmill "character" and just used the same one as all 3.

On seru food subject- if you notice when rim elm is invaded, the Gimard attacks and "pecks" a woman. Maybe seru monsters and/or possesed people eat other people(and maybe wild animals etc.) I would, however, hate to think that they ate each other haha. Speaking of possessed people, I always wondered if some of the monsters you fight are actually possessed people, since they are obviously hostile in certain scenes. Even the ones that don't look humanoid could possibly have been possessed for years and maybe mutated possibly, just a theory though. I think gobu gobu and ogre warriors are the most humanoid. Oh and shades kind of :/ and I guess skeletons too and the floating Knights, starting to think of a bunch that are humanoid.

On the Sol subject- Even if the floating castle could float right over sol, maybe it would infect the tower with mist while it was there, but it would have to stay there. And while it flew over head they could obviously defend it having a whole brigade of biron monks and the beast Gaza not to mention there is only 1 narrow path to get up the tower so it's easy to defend, I'm sure they have discarded or at least locked up their seru so that wouldn't be a problem. Also I recall Songi saying the floating castle's mist was "garbage" or something along those lines, I don't think it was worthless but maybe it wasn't a very strong source of mist, probably used lots of power to keep the castle floating rather than using 100% power for generating mist.
Death doth rain....Death doth reign

Fastest way to rake in fishing points(about 1,000/minute aprox.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZF8OCR9T3E

Redhollowlives999
Level Awesome.

Post by Redhollowlives999 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:45 am

This conversation has sparked my interest in drawing up that Legaia Manga (unrelated but I still felt like saying it).

It's weird when you start thinking that the Mist is really just biological warfare in the form of fog. When I first started playing as a kid and read what the NPCs were saying about the Mist, I thought it'd be a sickly green color, and that this'd be another lame Zombie game--I was so wrong.

I would assume those people would either experience some horrible effect from the Mist near the end of their lives, or the Seru probably survived off whatever they originally did--I think it's well implied that Seru were their own beings. Maybe not sentient (because humanity essentially used them like tools), but they were half of Tieg, so they had some significance.

That leads me to ask, if Tieg was half Seru, did the Mist affect it as well? Perhaps the ageless thing comes from that half of Tieg.

Another thing to keep in mind, Tieg split itself into Humanity and Seru correct? So maybe Seru's reaction to the Mist was a horrible mix that resulted into it trying to make said Human more like Tieg (which would explain the unusual strength possessed people tend to portray). Ra-Seru were kind of a "perfected" version, where they, with the power of the Genesis tree, became more like Tieg. I do vaguely remember the Ra-Seru saying they were basically on Tieg's level by the end of the game, after all. And Ra-Seru, even on their lowest levels, can read mind/control people as well as levitate their users, if I recall what the wiki says correctly.
it really do be like that tho