I made an awesome discovery (and other theories)

Have some thoughts on something located in the Sebucus Islands? HERE!
Prayrius
Level 21

Re: i made an awesome discovery

Post by Prayrius » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:00 pm

No, it was back then when I didn't have a computer. I had beaten the game and was trying to get all the seru and treasure chest. I went to the mountain to look for some treasure chest and... there he was. It was actually a decent fight but I didn't have to many items with me so I alternately failed.

Nightshade
Level 60

Post by Nightshade » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:34 pm

I think you mean "ultimately" failed, not alternately.

It actually turns out that it's possible to beat Lapis with 0 character deaths, as long as you're sufficiently leveled (I don't know what that means precisely, but I do know that 45 should be sufficient) and properly equipped.

And yes, it's entirely possible to kill Berserker with a L1 Nighto Spell, as I've done it several times.

However, I do strongly recommend going through the Octam sequence before fighting Berserker if you are planning on doing the fight the "right" way, since the Orb spell is a godsend once Berserker starts spamming Stone Circle.
Do not question yourself with the why or the how. I simply am, and that is all you need to know.

Prayrius
Level 21

Post by Prayrius » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:42 pm

amen to that. I actually like going to Ratayru and leveling since you get 500 each battle.

Nightshade
Level 60

Post by Nightshade » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:45 pm

I don't think you can - doesn't the boiling water keep you out until after Xain? Or can you still fight enemies in Ratayu?

(Or do you mean the area around Ratayu with Mad Ogres, Wolfs, etc.)

I think it's better to go to the area outside Octam, since those fights give around 400-450 EXP per fight and they are a lot easier / faster since Gala can pretty easily down Poisonous Worms or Oak Slimes in one (Spirited) arts combo. The only issue is battles where there are 2x Lip Kids and another baddie, since Vahn can't consistently beat a Lip Kid in one arts combo at that level.
Do not question yourself with the why or the how. I simply am, and that is all you need to know.

Prayrius
Level 21

Post by Prayrius » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:54 pm

I meant the area around Ratayu.

In other news, I drank a gallon of bleach for miss spelling "Ratayu"

Nightshade
Level 60

Post by Nightshade » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:59 pm

Prayrius wrote:I meant the area around Ratayu.

In other news, I drank a gallon of bleach for miss spelling "Ratayu"
Congrats. I'm sure your esophagus and stomach will thank you as they burn from the inside.

That's understandable, but I don't think it's quite as efficient given the length of time it takes to fight one battle compared to fighting a battle in the Octam area.

Prayrius
Level 21

Post by Prayrius » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:01 pm

actually as long as u heal a lot it goes fast since there is only two enemies.

Nightshade
Level 60

Post by Nightshade » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:05 pm

The problem is that those two enemies take a lot of hits to take down. Can Noa even take out a Mad Ogre in one arts combo (i.e. with Spirit beforehand) at those levels (13-15)?

Otherwise, it seems like those fights could be really problematic, especially if you don't yet have Orb as a healing spell.

I actually tried to fight Xain once without having the Orb spell on any character. Suffice it to say, I had to trek all the way back to Above-Ground Octam to get it. :/ "Fun" times indeed.

Redhollowlives999
Level Awesome.

Post by Redhollowlives999 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:06 pm

Nightshade wrote: I actually tried to fight Xain once without having the Orb spell on any character. Suffice it to say, I had to trek all the way back to Above-Ground Octam to get it. :/ "Fun" times indeed.
I knew where this story was headed long before I finished reading it.
it really do be like that tho

Nightshade
Level 60

Post by Nightshade » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:33 pm

Oh, I make no attempt to hide where that story is going.

All I can say is this: Fighting Xain without the Orb Spell? That's BULL****!