I made an awesome discovery (and other theories)

Have some thoughts on something located in the Sebucus Islands? HERE!
Nightshade
Level 60

Re: I made an awesome discovery (and other theories)

Post by Nightshade » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:00 pm

redhollowlives999 wrote:Odd, that normally doesn't affect too many bosses :/ except maybe the one and only super boss we all know and love.
Again, as I said, this isn't information that I'm 100% about, but I think that Xain may be vulnerable to those special stat-reducers.

Then again, it could have been that it was Berserker that wasn't immune to them. Seems more likely, because Nighto.
Do not question yourself with the why or the how. I simply am, and that is all you need to know.

Rammerrush
Level 100

Post by Rammerrush » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:57 pm

Man, how easy would it be if you could just tale Xain down with Nighto that would be so wonderful
Red: I've seen a 10-way.
Ram: That's how I met your mother, Red.
~Status~
Destuin= Dead
Dolor= Dead
CYOA= Dead
Furanda= Dead?

LegaiaWiki
Level ∞

Post by LegaiaWiki » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:28 pm

Nightshade wrote:
redhollowlives999 wrote:Odd, that normally doesn't affect too many bosses :/ except maybe the one and only super boss we all know and love.
Again, as I said, this isn't information that I'm 100% about, but I think that Xain may be vulnerable to those special stat-reducers.

Then again, it could have been that it was Berserker that wasn't immune to them. Seems more likely, because Nighto.
Xain is vulnerable to SPD reduction. A lot of bosses are, I think. Most recently it worked on "Super" Songi on Letona.

Nightshade
Level 60

Post by Nightshade » Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:27 pm

I think that was the case - I'm pretty sure it was Swordie that I was using on him.

Also, Swordie levels extremely fast.
Do not question yourself with the why or the how. I simply am, and that is all you need to know.

CloakedDeception
Level 20

Post by CloakedDeception » Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:44 pm

Maybe it was just my imagination but I thought all the wind Seru leveled faster than the others. Could be that they all target only one enemy at a time and so require fewer battles to level. But I still thought they were relatively fast.

Prayrius
Level 21

Post by Prayrius » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:43 am

redhollowlives999 wrote:
Nightshade wrote:1,000 coins. Also known as one perfect bonus game.
Thats like 20 minutes (?) of playing.

Don't remember any strategies/tips/tricks for slots :/
I have a strategy:
-Save Beforehand
-If You Fail 10 Times Without Any Winnings, Restart Game
-Stare At Slot Machine Rotation Until You Master The Timing
-Start On The Right Slot
-Then Do Left Slot
-Then Do Middle Slot
Nightshade wrote:They are both fire-elemental (or Xain is Earth Elemental and has a lot of Fire Resistance, not 100% sure on that), so that's understandable. But I've found that Tornado Flame -> Fire Blow is still pretty effective to the tune of 700 damage or so.
Xain's attacks do not have a element. I know this because I have tried every element resistant stone against him and none of them help. Also, he is not resistent against fire, he is resistent against earth which is useless because, at the time, there aren't any earth Seru. He is, however, weak against wind. I knew the second bit because of the tournament thing in Sol.
Nightshade wrote:The problem is that those two enemies take a lot of hits to take down. Can Noa even take out a Mad Ogre in one arts combo (i.e. with Spirit beforehand) at those levels (13-15)?
Yes, I'm one of those insane gamers that whenever a player lvls they most get a certain amount of points added to their stats. By the time I'm in the islands, my Noa can one turn murder a wolf while Vahn summons Swordie on the ogre and Gala spams Orb.

Also, thanks to the slot machine in Vidna, by this time I normally have a 質 ton of money as well as War Soul. I'm pretty good at the slot machine thanks to being to lazy to farm gold for the seru bread in Sol. ( Is that the proper use of "to"?)

JCTC
Level 43

Post by JCTC » Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:59 am

Thanks to being too lazy actually. And I have a theory, eventually, Nighto can kill anything. Eventually. Probably take like a 100 years though. (Gamer years)
Names are for friends, so I don't need one.

~Agent 47

http://hitman.wikia.com/wiki/Agent_47

GoldenPower89
Level 57

Post by GoldenPower89 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:17 pm

JCTC wrote:Thanks to being too lazy actually. And I have a theory, eventually, Nighto can kill anything. Eventually. Probably take like a 100 years though. (Gamer years)
That seems pretty unlikely. One of the first Seru has the potential to kill any boss? The fact that Nighto can kill Berserker and Lapis was probably just a goof in the programming.

CloakedDeception
Level 20

Post by CloakedDeception » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:17 am

GoldenPower89 wrote: The fact that Nighto can kill Berserker and Lapis was probably just a goof in the programming.
I actually have a theory of my own about that.
Lapis is technically not considered a boss by the game mechanics since it has the same encounter graphics as a random encounter. I think this is also why Jedo can insta-kill Lapis.
And Berserker the boss in Jeremi is later encountered again at different levels (and losing its boss status) in Rogue's Tower, making it technically not unique like most other bosses.

So I think this is why Nighto works on them: they're not considered true bosses by the game (Lapis being a random encounter and Berserker losing its boss status later in the game).

Along the same lines of Berserker, I assume Nighto would also work on Caruban when you first fight it as a boss. However, since you can't get Nighto at that point in the game yet, it is unknown if it would work. Maybe someone can test it with a gameshark?

Vahn926
Level 14

Post by Vahn926 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:18 pm

For me all the bosses except for the one in rouges tower were easy for me only because i have fun power leveling to the point i stomp them into the ground! *puts on shades*
Make Legend Of Legaia for PSN classics please!?