Fishing Spot

For anything related to the various mini-games in Legend of Legaia.
Henri
Level 4

Fishing Spot

Post by Henri » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:43 am

In fishing minigame, i've heard rumours about a fish called "Spirit" or something like that. It's supposed to be very rare. Has anyone else heard about this?

K73SK
Level 89

Re: Fishing Spot

Post by K73SK » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:34 pm

Welcome to the site! :)

As for the fish, I have read about it a few times in the past. My conclusion came to it being a fish that could only be obtained through a Gameshark. I have never owned a Gameshark, so I cannot confirm the validity on this. As for ever catching it - I have never done before. I have caught every other fish, including the funny-looking Baraba. I have been working at getting that for a screen shot and information on the main page, but it will take a while.

If I do manage to get a Spirit without a Gameshark (somehow), You'll see it on the fishing mini-game page...I won't put it on there if it's only obtained through the Gameshark, though.

Speak of the devil, After 19,978 points doing nothing but Vidna, I finally caught the Baraba. Check out the fishing page to see what it looks like, along with the points information...I'll update the rest of the points sometime in the far future, lol.
Donate to legendoflegaia.net if you are one who wants to keep it alive! http://www.legendoflegaia.net/donate.html

LegaiaWiki
Level ∞

Post by LegaiaWiki » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:35 am

I'm 99% certain that a few years ago on the Legaia board in gameFAQS a user confirmed the 'Spirit' fish is only obtainable through a gameshark. One way to figure this out would possibly be to activate the debug mode for the game, which can be done with a gameshark-type device for PS. Though maybe you can do it without a cheat device on an emulator?

I'll have to get back to you guys on that. I think the best fish I ever caught was an Extra Large Lippian, which just took forever.

K73SK
Level 89

Post by K73SK » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:28 pm

Sise-Neg wrote:I'm 99% certain that a few years ago on the Legaia board in gameFAQS a user confirmed the 'Spirit' fish is only obtainable through a gameshark. One way to figure this out would possibly be to activate the debug mode for the game, which can be done with a gameshark-type device for PS. Though maybe you can do it without a cheat device on an emulator?

I'll have to get back to you guys on that. I think the best fish I ever caught was an Extra Large Lippian, which just took forever.
Yeah, after all those long hours and over 150,000 points in fishing (no joke), I never found the Spirit...I got more points from Buma's fishing spot, but I still spent quite a bit of time trying to get baraba. Getting more than one was a failure, lol.
Donate to legendoflegaia.net if you are one who wants to keep it alive! http://www.legendoflegaia.net/donate.html

Alinor
Level 17

Post by Alinor » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:26 am

Coulda sworn I saw a spirit from the first fishing hole...... My gawd, Ive forgotten the names of everything lol. The fishing Hole thats after passing through... The Ancient Wind Cave? (After destroying the first generator).

It was years ago but it seems like something I remember seeing, with relative ease. Perhaps, I'm just recalling something else....
Twitch
Youtube
Discord: Stubbs#4405 (Please, spam me there if I go MIA, again)

K73SK
Level 89

Post by K73SK » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:38 pm

Alinor wrote:Coulda sworn I saw a spirit from the first fishing hole...... My gawd, Ive forgotten the names of everything lol. The fishing Hole thats after passing through... The Ancient Wind Cave? (After destroying the first generator).

It was years ago but it seems like something I remember seeing, with relative ease. Perhaps, I'm just recalling something else....
The first fishing hole is near that location...So you're not too far off. As for the fish you thought you saw...Maybe it was a baraba? It's extremely rare and hard to find, let alone capture once it's on the line. I have a picture of it on here: http://www.legendoflegaia.net/legend_of ... shing.html

:]

Alinor
Level 17

Post by Alinor » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:20 am

The pics themselves don't spark any memories, oddly. Looks like I need to get back to Legaia before it's all a forgotten memory!

I remember the name "Spirit" by seeing the name though? Like I said, I could be wrong, or maybe I was just that lucky? :o

In any case, if it's not possible, then I can't argue either way lol. Although.... is there a certain code for Spirit or is it just the use of a gameshark? I know at one point, i wanted to see what the Ra-Seru all looked like at lvl 9 and used it on an old save I wasn't using anymore. Could that have possibly been how I MAY have seen this fish???
Twitch
Youtube

K73SK
Level 89

Post by K73SK » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:55 pm

Alinor wrote:The pics themselves don't spark any memories, oddly. Looks like I need to get back to Legaia before it's all a forgotten memory!

I remember the name "Spirit" by seeing the name though? Like I said, I could be wrong, or maybe I was just that lucky? :o

In any case, if it's not possible, then I can't argue either way lol. Although.... is there a certain code for Spirit or is it just the use of a gameshark? I know at one point, i wanted to see what the Ra-Seru all looked like at lvl 9 and used it on an old save I wasn't using anymore. Could that have possibly been how I MAY have seen this fish???
I'm not sure if that's how you could have seen it or not. I know that the gameshark does enable the fish, Spirit...As for where to get the code, I don't know. I haven't worried about it, to be honest. I guess I should have used a gameshark, though - to get more fish points faster, lol. I'll just leave that up to everyone else. :p

Alinor
Level 17

Post by Alinor » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:03 pm

It's really up to you but if you've gone so far already, why bother? :)
Twitch
Youtube

Redhollowlives999
Level Awesome.

Post by Redhollowlives999 » Thu May 24, 2012 8:18 pm

Hmmm... It my soul mission to confirm wether this fish can be caught naturally or not!...
I'll fish for 10 hours to see if I can catch one...
it really do be like that tho