Have you obtained Gilium in Jette's Fortress?

If it has anything to do with the word Seru, put it here!
TheRavenfreak
Level 11

Have you obtained Gilium in Jette's Fortress?

Post by TheRavenfreak » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:50 pm

Just thought I would ask, have you ever been lucky enough for this to happen to you? I got lucky in my current playthrough and not only did Vahn obtained Gilium, so did Noa and this was before I battled Jette. This is the first time this has happened to me and I've had this game for almost 14 years now. xD

GoldenPower89
Level 57

Re: Have you obtained Gilium in Jette's Fortress?

Post by GoldenPower89 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:53 pm

I have a habit of staying in one area until I get all the Seru, so yes. In my experience, Gilium is the most difficult Seru to absorb.

Nightshade
Level 60

Post by Nightshade » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:04 am

It probably wasn't until my fourth playthrough that I actually did so, but again, the Ivory Book really helps in this regard.

I think the probabilities are something like 1-2% without the Ivory Book and 5-7% with.
Do not question yourself with the why or the how. I simply am, and that is all you need to know.

K73SK
Level 89

Post by K73SK » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:00 pm

I always managed to get one person to absorb the seru in the area ALL the time. I guess I'm just lucky. However, getting the Lv. 3 Gilium later has always been a pain in the こし for me lol
Donate to legendoflegaia.net if you are one who wants to keep it alive! http://www.legendoflegaia.net/donate.html

Nightshade
Level 60

Post by Nightshade » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:20 pm

Really?

I've found that it's generally easier to capture the higher-level Seru than their lower level variants. But it's easier to get the weaker Seru such as Vera and Gimard than high level ones, particularly Gilium.
Do not question yourself with the why or the how. I simply am, and that is all you need to know.

K73SK
Level 89

Post by K73SK » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:45 pm

Well, it took me a very long time to get Gilium, even with every character holding the book. But I did eventually get it xD
Donate to legendoflegaia.net if you are one who wants to keep it alive! http://www.legendoflegaia.net/donate.html

Nightshade
Level 60

Post by Nightshade » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:59 am

Yeah; I think Gilium has an exceedingly low base capture rate, even relative to other top-level Seru.

But I think that it is generally easier to absorb the level 2 and 3 variants of a Seru relative to the base level version.

Sephirothansylar
Level 19

Post by Sephirothansylar » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:46 pm

It is normally easier to catch higher level seru I think however gilium is static across the board at a ridiculously low absorption rate. I think it might be 2% but can't remember for sure. I remember even with Ivory book it took forever to absorb one of these buggers. I think I got all 3 at Jette's fortress on one playthrough.
Death doth rain....Death doth reign

Fastest way to rake in fishing points(about 1,000/minute aprox.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZF8OCR9T3E

Gameplaer90
Level 16

Post by Gameplaer90 » Thu May 08, 2014 12:40 pm

Im still trying lol
May we all remember the roads we traval...even if they are diffrent then others or what you did not expect....

GoldenPower89
Level 57

Post by GoldenPower89 » Thu May 08, 2014 8:40 pm

It usually takes me around 50 minutes to get Gillium for everyone. His absorb rate is super low.