Legit Juggernaut

If it has anything to do with the word Seru, put it here!
Nightshade
Level 60

Re: Legit Juggernaut

Post by Nightshade » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:32 pm

Probably about 45 seconds after I really paid attention to the video and the sound of you pressing the buttons.

Having access to Juggernaut so soon will really provide a lot of options regarding how to optimize Magic usage. That is, because Juggernaut is so powerful, is it sometimes optimal to level up Juggernaut magic and use Magic Water and build a leveling strategy around this? Does it make sense to make Gala the primary caster due to higher max MP? For one, Juggernaut magic makes 2 turn KO's of both forms of Gaza a realistic proposal, and I think 4 turns on Dohati isn't unreasonable either. In short, there is a lot of potential to really break the first half of Karisto Kingdom in a speedrun due to the sheer damage output of Dark Eclipse. Not to mention having the effect of a Good Luck Bell 5 dungeons earlier than you typically would.
Do not question yourself with the why or the how. I simply am, and that is all you need to know.

xTrance
Level 11

Post by xTrance » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:11 pm

Wouldn't that also essentially eliminate the need for Kemaro you were talking about earlier (if one can skip the dress-up section)?

Nightshade
Level 60

Post by Nightshade » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:32 pm

This is possible, but at the same time, it's not immediately obvious to me that I would have 255 MP right away so I could even cast Kemaro. There's a good deal of additional planning to the route that has to be done before I can definitively say that one way or another is optimal.

Heck, for all I know, sneaking in to the room early causes you to get the ESM before Van Saryu. It is entirely reasonable that the programmers made the Ratayu Castle that normally exists different from the one that exists during the Rescue Noa arc.

The point is, we just don't have concrete evidence of what doing that would cause at the moment, and until someone tests this and provides results, it's not worth speculating. This is perhaps the only major glitch we know about in the game (the closest glitch would be Nighto-Berserker Glitch), so it's worth checking out in its entirety.
Do not question yourself with the why or the how. I simply am, and that is all you need to know.

xTrance
Level 11

Post by xTrance » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:26 am

I'm going to start a new file tomorrow in order to explore this glitch.

Are you planning on doing this too?

Nightshade
Level 60

Post by Nightshade » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:38 am

I have a new file that just left Rim Elm, so I will probably go forward and explore.

Based on my testing, however, I think this trick is probably pixel perfect, so I am not sure how easily it can be reliably pulled off.

Nightshade
Level 60

Post by Nightshade » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:58 pm

So, anyway, I just got to freeing Ratayu from the Mist and before the Van Saryu fight.

You can perform the glitch to get under the lab. However, you can't get the Evil Talisman at that point. You can talk to the mad scientists that are in the lab down there, and it turns out that they have actual dialogue, not just filler text. They mention something about being down there for a tour and not to try rescuing the Seru brides or anything funny like that.

So, I don't know if the developers saw a possibility that this glitch could exist, if it was originally planned to let you visit there a different way, or what. Pretty interesting, no?

EDIT: See screenshot attachment.

His full dialogue is:
"Heh, heh, heh.
Have you come for a tour?
(Silence)
Hey, don't even think about
trying to save those young girls.
Even if you succeed in freeing
them, they'll all die.
They cannot be freed
without the power of Saryu.
Stick to the tour.
You may look, but don't touch."

And the other one's dialogue is:
"Hee, hee, hee!
The lives of young maidens are
the best food for Juggernaut!"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

K73SK
Level 89

Post by K73SK » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:19 pm

There might have been a part of the game that was originally planned, as you mentioned, but was taken out. From the dialogue, a tour of the area before you got to see it. But I'm guessing they took it out so that it'd be more shocking to see the truth of what was happening.

Why it was still translated is the real question lol
Donate to legendoflegaia.net if you are one who wants to keep it alive! http://www.legendoflegaia.net/donate.html

Nightshade
Level 60

Post by Nightshade » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:23 pm

My guess would be that they simply translated the whole script and adjusted the whole disc as appropriate; if you are translating a bunch of text, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to simply ignore chunks of it. Maybe the translators have to get to work early on to translate the several hundred thousand words of text in the game?

meth962
Level 23

Post by meth962 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:29 am

Yeah and they certainly miss some of those! I have a picture somewhere of Ogre Battle 64. I stopped in some random town and a dude was talking in japanese instead of english hehe
まさかつあがつ

Nightshade
Level 60

Post by Nightshade » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:48 am

meth962 wrote:Yeah and they certainly miss some of those! I have a picture somewhere of Ogre Battle 64. I stopped in some random town and a dude was talking in japanese instead of english hehe
By the way, I wanted to ask you a question relating to this topic if you don't mind.

It was a thought I had that if you used this glitch to sneak into the Juggernaut Room before clearing Mt. Letona, you'd be able to fight the Comms that exist in the debug menu... Is that a reasonable theory?