Legit Juggernaut

If it has anything to do with the word Seru, put it here!
GoldenPower89
Level 57

Re: Legit Juggernaut

Post by GoldenPower89 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:14 pm

Wooo! Congrats, xTrance!

Sephirothansylar
Level 19

Post by Sephirothansylar » Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:26 pm

Turbo controllers (at least the ones I've had) really aren't that fast and with some practice you can easily mash as fast as a turbo although it will wear you out pretty quick. Also if you think of using a turbo for the fishing minigame that's a good idea in theory, but I've tested it and it does not work at least the way I do it. Turbo X and [ ] = no release(Tension won't go down) So even though I thought a turbo controller would make the fishing game easier in the end I'm just tapping X and [ ] manually. Maybe just turbo [ ] would work but I think I tried it and it's not as effective as X and [ ] together.
Death doth rain....Death doth reign

Fastest way to rake in fishing points(about 1,000/minute aprox.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZF8OCR9T3E

Nightshade
Level 60

Post by Nightshade » Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:13 pm

This is a very interesting development, and if it can be done reasonably consistently, this would have profound implications for a speedrun; I figure this alone could save a lot of time both in terms of decreased encounter rate as well as having an attack that could do 6000+ damage to bosses.

Realistically, I think this could potentially save 45 minutes or more once the trick becomes perfected.
Do not question yourself with the why or the how. I simply am, and that is all you need to know.

xTrance
Level 11

Post by xTrance » Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:38 pm

I managed to capture a video using my smartphone and my tall dresser as a tripod.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDkU7S-vxLQ

No turbo controller, just flexing my arm to make it vibrate in place on X, as you can probably hear. Used to do that for stepmania. This does get quite tiring and you'll notice the little break I took.

I can easily imagine someone pulling this glitch off in a good segmented speedrun in <10s with some luck. This video also shows you the correct angle, though even knowing it, it is difficult to replicate.

Nightshade
Level 60

Post by Nightshade » Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:45 pm

Is this doable right after defeating Van Saryu, or do you have to wait until after Dohati as the initial tip suggests?
Do not question yourself with the why or the how. I simply am, and that is all you need to know.

xTrance
Level 11

Post by xTrance » Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:49 pm

That I cannot tell you. I have no save files from before Sol, so I'd have to replay until that point to check.

Nightshade
Level 60

Post by Nightshade » Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:04 pm

Fair enough. Is there a good time to start mashing the button? As in, all the time, only when you get close to the guard, or something else?

xTrance
Level 11

Post by xTrance » Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:08 pm

Right when you get close to the guard is when to mash.

Listen for when my mashing starts in the video.

Nightshade
Level 60

Post by Nightshade » Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:18 pm

I am trying, but the volume on your video is pretty low and it's hard to hear. Will try to listen again and then see if I can't match that rhythm and timing.

EDIT: Success!

xTrance
Level 11

Post by xTrance » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:26 pm

Awesome. How long did it take you? I'm thinking now with practice someone could do it in one smooth motion.