Nighto

If it has anything to do with the word Seru, put it here!
Redhollowlives999
Level Awesome.

Re: Nighto

Post by Redhollowlives999 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:56 am

GoldenPower89 wrote:To be fair, you could give anything a sword or wings and call it a knight or some type of insect.
... Just how often do you do that.
it really do be like that tho

IronJustice
Level Rusty

Post by IronJustice » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:36 pm

I like Nighto. I always tried to use him when I was a kid, try something different than just blowing people up with more conventional Seru...

Yeah I was disappointed a lot.

I don't think there is much practical use for it. Aside from the Berserker, every other battle falls under the status effect paradox. Strong enemies resist it, and weak enemies can be more easily killed in more direct ways.

Honestly, almost everything in the game is easy to kill since this game has a low difficulty. Poor Nighto just can't find a use.
Legend of Legaia, a pinnacle of human achievement, will always have a place in my heart

Raven
Level 11

Post by Raven » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:16 am

IronJustice wrote:
Raven wrote:
GoldenPower89 wrote:I don't think the Ra-Seru are related to any object or animal. They are just the only creatures in a species of their own... if that makes sense.
Then please do explain to me why Meta looks like a knight and why Terra looks like some sort of mantis with wings. Do mantises even have wings?
They sure do.

I have no idea what Ozma is supposed to be.
I think he's Obelisk the Tormentor.
GoldenPower89 wrote:To be fair, you could give anything a sword or wings and call it a knight or some type of insect.
........... So if a farmer got conscripted and picked up a sword, he's a knight, and eagles and chickens are insects. Fantasmical.
IronJustice wrote:I like Nighto. I always tried to use him when I was a kid, try something different than just blowing people up with more conventional Seru...

Yeah I was disappointed a lot.

I don't think there is much practical use for it. Aside from the Berserker, every other battle falls under the status effect paradox. Strong enemies resist it, and weak enemies can be more easily killed in more direct ways.

Honestly, almost everything in the game is easy to kill since this game has a low difficulty. Poor Nighto just can't find a use.
Wrong. You're using Nighto wrong. If he's at a low level, you've got a very low chance of success. At Lvl. 9, there's a ten percent chance of insta-death every time.
Xyn Raven

IronJustice
Level Rusty

Post by IronJustice » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:39 am

A 10% chance of instant death isn't very impressive. I would have to use it 5 or 6 times to just have a good chance of it killing one target. Any non-boss can be killed in just a couple castings of virtually any Seru from the second or third rank of each element. Many of them will even kill the entire enemy party.

What about the Confuse feature? At least that has a high chance of success. I never found that useful due to the above factor, but is there ever a time when an enemy is so threatening that confusing them to avoid being targeted is a priority? The only time I can think of is the Lucifer family. They managed to be a threat with their cross beam that hits the whole party fairly hard when they are first encountered.
Legend of Legaia, a pinnacle of human achievement, will always have a place in my heart

GoldenPower89
Level 57

Post by GoldenPower89 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:11 am

Noa's Tough Love seems to confuse almost every time, so I can't see myself using Nighto for this purpose.
IronJustice wrote:Is there ever a time when an enemy is so threatening that confusing them to avoid being targeted is a priority?
I did a run a while back where I didn't use any weapons or magic. Confusion was necessary in this case, but I used Noa instead of Nighto. Confusing enemies isn't really needed unless you intentionally cripple your play style to make the game harder for yourself.

Raven
Level 11

Post by Raven » Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:17 am

IronJustice wrote:A 10% chance of instant death isn't very impressive. I would have to use it 5 or 6 times to just have a good chance of it killing one target. Any non-boss can be killed in just a couple castings of virtually any Seru from the second or third rank of each element. Many of them will even kill the entire enemy party.

What about the Confuse feature? At least that has a high chance of success. I never found that useful due to the above factor, but is there ever a time when an enemy is so threatening that confusing them to avoid being targeted is a priority? The only time I can think of is the Lucifer family. They managed to be a threat with their cross beam that hits the whole party fairly hard when they are first encountered.
Clearly, you're very inexperienced in RPGs and gaming in general. A ten percent chance of insta-death is impressive. And you can use it only once to kill said target. Focus. It doesn't need to happen on the first try. But if your standards are so ridiculous and absurd and crippled, then the only thing you'll find 'impressive' is Juggernaut and all the Light Seru.

Edit: And Jedo.
Xyn Raven

Redhollowlives999
Level Awesome.

Post by Redhollowlives999 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:28 am

Now, now children, I'm sensing hostility here, let's take a quick step back.

A 10% insta-kill is great but it depends on the kind of gamer you are. A speed runner, for instance, would most certainly not be content with a 10% chance (in fact a speed runner could easily loathe this game for it's unskippable summoning animation alone, let alone the time it takes to grind them up to level 9). A completionist or a casual gamer would be just fine with 10%; it all depends on how you full or empty you take your glass.

Juggernaut isn't impressive either, to me at least. Rather, he's most certainly the dozens of hours wasted by most players to reach level 99, which ends up doing significantly less dmg than Miracle Arts, unless you get it via the Juggy glitch everyone seems to be obsessed with now a days. Other than healing Seru (not light Seru because not all of them heal), I didn't use the Seru magic much either, unless I used my trusty Kemaro to help stack up damage on an enemy strong to a party member's element, like say Vahn to Zeto. Even the Ra-Seru spells, while dope, only did a job a string of arts could do (but it is cool to sit back and watch, no doubt).

but im not even a gamer so screw it all ta heck

IronJustice
Level Rusty

Post by IronJustice » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:45 pm

GoldenPower89 wrote:Noa's Tough Love seems to confuse almost every time, so I can't see myself using Nighto for this purpose.
IronJustice wrote:Is there ever a time when an enemy is so threatening that confusing them to avoid being targeted is a priority?
I did a run a while back where I didn't use any weapons or magic. Confusion was necessary in this case, but I used Noa instead of Nighto. Confusing enemies isn't really needed unless you intentionally cripple your play style to make the game harder for yourself.
Interesting take on this. I forgot about Tough Love, that is a very OP attack.
Raven wrote:
IronJustice wrote:A 10% chance of instant death isn't very impressive. I would have to use it 5 or 6 times to just have a good chance of it killing one target. Any non-boss can be killed in just a couple castings of virtually any Seru from the second or third rank of each element. Many of them will even kill the entire enemy party.

Clearly, you're very inexperienced in RPGs and gaming in general. A ten percent chance of insta-death is impressive. And you can use it only once to kill said target. Focus. It doesn't need to happen on the first try. But if your standards are so ridiculous and absurd and crippled, then the only thing you'll find 'impressive' is Juggernaut and all the Light Seru.

No need to get insulting about my experience.

Randomness removes depreciates the value of an ability. I would rather have an ability that always takes away 50% of the enemy's HP in one turn than a 50% chance of instant death. In two turns of the former, you will destroy the target. With the later, it probably will happen in two turns, but may or may not happen in any amount of turns. With only 10% chance, it certainly doesn't seem useful at all even compared to other low tier Seru such as Theeder, who will kill a whole enemy team in a few casts (especially if we are talking about LV9 and when being used by a hero with elemental affinity with them).
Redhollowlives999 wrote:Now, now children, I'm sensing hostility here, let's take a quick step back.

A 10% insta-kill is great but it depends on the kind of gamer you are. A speed runner, for instance, would most certainly not be content with a 10% chance (in fact a speed runner could easily loathe this game for it's unskippable summoning animation alone, let alone the time it takes to grind them up to level 9). A completionist or a casual gamer would be just fine with 10%; it all depends on how you full or empty you take your glass.

Juggernaut isn't impressive either, to me at least. Rather, he's most certainly the dozens of hours wasted by most players to reach level 99, which ends up doing significantly less dmg than Miracle Arts, unless you get it via the Juggy glitch everyone seems to be obsessed with now a days. Other than healing Seru (not light Seru because not all of them heal), I didn't use the Seru magic much either, unless I used my trusty Kemaro to help stack up damage on an enemy strong to a party member's element, like say Vahn to Zeto. Even the Ra-Seru spells, while dope, only did a job a string of arts could do (but it is cool to sit back and watch, no doubt).

I pretty much agree here. Seru in general seem to get less useful as the game progresses. They do have value in being able to hit multiple targets, and to use various elements (like you said).

What about the stat debuffs? Are those really useful? I find it hard to tell when they are or are not being applied.

Raven
Level 11

Post by Raven » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:04 am

Redhollowlives999 wrote:Now, now children, I'm sensing hostility here, let's take a quick step back.

.......... You're not a gamer?.......... THEN WHY THE REM ARE YOU HERE?!! YOU ARE UNWORTHY OF TIEG'S GIFT TO MANKIND, INFIDEL!!!

Anyway, when I said Light Seru, I included Aluru, knowing he doesn't heal. The reason I did is because, despite not healing, when at level nine, he seems to always kill the non-bosses, whilst giving the bosses a massive amount of damage. And if a speed runner gamer is what I think it is, then a speed runner isn't a true gamer. A true gamer is the one that soaks up every bit of the game, takes his time and plays it to its full extent, and in the end feels every bit of it.

Markiplier: EMMMMMMM, THE TREEEEES. I CAN FEEL THEIR ESS-

Eh, shuddup, Mark. Anyway, if that's a completionist/casual gamer, then that's the true gamer. And this 'Juggy glitch' is the only reasonable way for you to get the Evil Talisman. It's absurd for you to have to got up to ninety-nine to get it anyway. And I make it a point to use Seru spells only on bosses..... which, with my new style of playing the game, seems to be capable of ending battles before you could say "Soren". And WHO YOU CALLING A CHILD?! JUST BECAUSE I LIKE TO KEEP MY SECURITY BLANKET IN MY POCKET DOESN'T MAKE ME A KID, RIGHT?!

.............. Right?
IronJustice wrote:
GoldenPower89 wrote:Noa's Tough Love seems to confuse almost every time, so I can't see myself using Nighto for this purpose.
Interesting take on this. I forgot about Tough Love, that is a very OP attack.
Raven wrote:

No need to get insulting about my experience.

Randomness removes depreciates the value of an ability. I would rather have an ability that always takes away 50% of the enemy's HP in one turn than a 50% chance of instant death. In two turns of the former, you will destroy the target. With the later, it probably will happen in two turns, but may or may not happen in any amount of turns. With only 10% chance, it certainly doesn't seem useful at all even compared to other low tier Seru such as Theeder, who will kill a whole enemy team in a few casts (especially if we are talking about LV9 and when being used by a hero with elemental affinity with them).

I pretty much agree here. Seru in general seem to get less useful as the game progresses. They do have value in being able to hit multiple targets, and to use various elements (like you said).

What about the stat debuffs? Are those really useful? I find it hard to tell when they are or are not being applied.
You want some real insults to your experience? Here's one: You're a moron if you think that it's absolutely worthless just because it depends on the dice of fate. Let's assume you don't have enough MP for something that'll kill it quickly and need a turn or two to recover. In that case, Nighto will be your best friend, because it'll most likely confuse the foe, but it might also kill it. In either scenarios, you've reached your goal. So I say again: The only reason you don't appreciate its value is because you're very inexperienced.

And I'm not going to bother answering you about the status rebuffs, since your inexperience cripples your standards, so it'll be pointless to answer you anyway.
Xyn Raven

Redhollowlives999
Level Awesome.

Post by Redhollowlives999 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:50 am

Raven wrote: .......... You're not a gamer?.......... THEN WHY THE REM ARE YOU HERE?!! YOU ARE UNWORTHY OF TIEG'S GIFT TO MANKIND, INFIDEL!!!
Yes well yes.

How did I get to this status on a gaming forum then, you ask?

I slept and seduced my way here.
Anyway, when I said Light Seru, I included Aluru, knowing he doesn't heal. The reason I did is because, despite not healing, when at level nine, he seems to always kill the non-bosses, whilst giving the bosses a massive amount of damage.
If that's the case, then why bother with Nighto? A lot of times it won't have an major effect anyways. It's useful in two instances, fighting the Viguros in the woods, and Berserker. It loses it's practicality mid to late game when you get stronger. If you get Seru that can more assuredly kill the enemy off, or do damage if they can't go through with it? Most field enemies aren't a big enough a threat to warrent such strategizing, unless you're entering a high level area.

And if a speed runner gamer is what I think it is, then a speed runner isn't a true gamer. A true gamer is the one that soaks up every bit of the game, takes his time and plays it to its full extent, and in the end feels every bit of it.
Speed runners are a class of gamers that prefer to finish the game in as fast a time as possible. It's arguably requires the most amount of planning and strategy than any other kind of gamer, because every second matters.

You can ask Nightshade any questions if you need more convincing, since he holds the world record title for fastest run of Legaia.

Anyway, if that's a completionist/casual gamer, then that's the true gamer. And this 'Juggy glitch' is the only reasonable way for you to get the Evil Talisman. It's absurd for you to have to got up to ninety-nine to get it anyway.
I thought a true gamer was "the one that soaks up every bit of the game, takes his time and plays it to its full extent, and in the end feels every bit of it." Leveling up to lvl 99 is one of those bits you feel in the end isn't it? ;) Isn't skipping the hard work and running through it by glitching it very ungamerly of you? :P
And I make it a point to use Seru spells only on bosses..... which, with my new style of playing the game, seems to be capable of ending battles before you could say "Soren".
*considers a playthrough where you use nothing but magic for the entire game*

And WHO YOU CALLING A CHILD?! JUST BECAUSE I LIKE TO KEEP MY SECURITY BLANKET IN MY POCKET DOESN'T MAKE ME A KID, RIGHT?!
But when was the last time you WASHED IT? *court room gasps*
.............. Right?
Left.

You want some real insults to your experience? Here's one: You're a moron if you think that it's absolutely worthless just because it depends on the dice of fate. Let's assume you don't have enough MP for something that'll kill it quickly and need a turn or two to recover. In that case, Nighto will be your best friend, because it'll most likely confuse the foe, but it might also kill it. In either scenarios, you've reached your goal. So I say again: The only reason you don't appreciate its value is because you're very inexperienced.
Before I give my two cents, just know I crossed out your posts due to it violating our rules. Since you're new here, I won't make a big deal out of it, but please refrain from insult other user's, or their experience.

Now then, that's a fair scenario, but the real issue here is that there's clearly a dichotomy here between DMG vs Strategy. Iron here (much like me) prefers racking up damage and plowing through enemies, shirtless and drenched in sweaty masculinity, while you clearly prefer strategy and using any possible percentage to your advantage. Experience you're referring to is a lifesaver in games where every move you take counts, and any advantage is an advantage. Neither side is wrong, but neither side is right. We're all doomed to being eaten up by our sun and die. Eat at Arby's.

And I'm not going to bother answering you about the status rebuffs, since your inexperience cripples your standards, so it'll be pointless to answer you anyway.
Please keep in mind that some of us have jobs and other worldly distractions that keep us from playing Legaia as frequently as we'd like. It's been maybe a year or two since I've last touched my copy. We forget stuff sometimes, it's no big deal.

And it'd be more helpful to share your knowledge rather than to prematurely judge someone else as ignorant without first understanding their circumstances. Unwarranted insults like these are frowned upon, unless yer just joking around (which it doesn't seem like you are).