Nighto

If it has anything to do with the word Seru, put it here!
Raven
Level 11
Posts:55
Joined:Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:56 am
Re: Nighto

Post by Raven » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:56 am

Redhollowlives999 wrote: I slept and seduced my way here.
MON DIEU!! You, sir, are no better than a pimp!

Random Noa destroys your face
Redhollowlives999 wrote: If that's the case, then why bother with Nighto? A lot of times it won't have an major effect anyways. It's useful in two instances, fighting the Viguros in the woods, and Berserker. It loses it's practicality mid to late game when you get stronger. If you get Seru that can more assuredly kill the enemy off, or do damage if they can't go through with it? Most field enemies aren't a big enough a threat to warrent such strategizing, unless you're entering a high level area.
Everything loses its practicality as you get stronger. That's how it goes in RPGs: The stronger you get, the more worthless old stuff become. And by "Worthless", I don't mean actually worthless. I'm speaking relatively. And I kind of already known that non-bosses generally aren't threatening enough to have you strategize. What's your point?
Redhollowlives999 wrote: Speed runners are a class of gamers that prefer to finish the game in as fast a time as possible. It's arguably requires the most amount of planning and strategy than any other kind of gamer, because every second matters.

You can ask Nightshade any questions if you need more convincing, since he holds the world record title for fastest run of Legaia.
In other words, yes, speed runners are indeed what I think they are, and they aren't true gamers. What's the point of doing that? So you got first place in this race. So what? You don't get a prize, except some people going all like-

Connie Springer: OHMYGODNIGHTSHADEURSO****INGCOOLHOLY$#!^!!!

Thanks for the random interruption, Connie.

Connie Springer: BFAGH!!

Anyway, that's just not enjoying the game.
Redhollowlives999 wrote: I thought a true gamer was "the one that soaks up every bit of the game, takes his time and plays it to its full extent, and in the end feels every bit of it." Leveling up to lvl 99 is one of those bits you feel in the end isn't it? ;) Isn't skipping the hard work and running through it by glitching it very ungamerly of you? :P
Actually, levelling up to the max is the complete opposite, because you're not even supposed to reach that level; by the end of the game, you're supposed to be, like, forty-five or so. And who's to say that the 'glitch' wasn't put in there by the developers themselves? Who's to say they didn't leave it intentionally?
Redhollowlives999 wrote: *considers a playthrough where you use nothing but magic for the entire game*
....... You're gonna need to farm a WHOLE lot to do that, 'cause you're gonna be needing a Palma load of gold coins for that. And my style of playing include me grinding my Seru before moving on to the next location. When I fought Caruban, Gimard was at level three, and a few hits of that killed it faster than you can recite the history of Legaia. Also, my style reached the point where I grind up all the Seru I find up to level nine after I acquire them and then reach the next inn.
Redhollowlives999 wrote: But when was the last time you WASHED IT? *court room gasps*
You NEVER wash a security blanket!
Redhollowlives999 wrote: Now then, that's a fair scenario, but the real issue here is that there's clearly a dichotomy here between DMG vs Strategy. Iron here (much like me) prefers racking up damage and plowing through enemies, shirtless and drenched in sweaty masculinity, while you clearly prefer strategy and using any possible percentage to your advantage. Experience you're referring to is a lifesaver in games where every move you take counts, and any advantage is an advantage. Neither side is wrong, but neither side is right. We're all doomed to being eaten up by our sun and die. Eat at Arby's.
So you guys are macho aggro players.... THAT kind of macho aggro players.... Well, lemme tell ya something: Chicks don't dig that.

More court room gasps

THAT'S RIGHT! I WENT THERE!
Redhollowlives999 wrote: Please keep in mind that some of us have jobs and other worldly distractions that keep us from playing Legaia as frequently as we'd like. It's been maybe a year or two since I've last touched my copy. We forget stuff sometimes, it's no big deal.

And it'd be more helpful to share your knowledge rather than to prematurely judge someone else as ignorant without first understanding their circumstances. Unwarranted insults like these are frowned upon, unless yer just joking around (which it doesn't seem like you are).
It doesn't matter if you play it often. If I told him the percentages, he'd give me the same attitude he did with Nighto. And your circumstances are irrelevant, because if you were an experienced gamer, you wouldn't forget this sort of stuff, regardless of how much time passes since the last time you gamed.

User avatar
Redhollowlives999
Level Awesome.
Posts:12139
Joined:Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:39 pm
Location:Yes
Contact:

Re: Nighto

Post by Redhollowlives999 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:22 pm

Raven wrote:You, sir, are no better than a pimp!
Nothing illegal about it soooo. *sassy finger snaps*
Random Noa destroys your face
Was already broken. Do you even ugly. Cuz I ugly all day long.


Everything loses its practicality as you get stronger. That's how it goes in RPGs: The stronger you get, the more worthless old stuff become. And by "Worthless", I don't mean actually worthless. I'm speaking relatively. And I kind of already known that non-bosses generally aren't threatening enough to have you strategize. What's your point?
My point? If you can kill an opponent with 100% certainty by attacking directly, exactly how useful would using a spell with only a 10% chance of insta-kill be? That's what Iron is saying, or rather, that's what I understood, and it makes perfect sense and no less an "experienced gamer" than the next person who does find a way to use it effectively.

In other words, yes, speed runners are indeed what I think they are, and they aren't true gamers. What's the point of doing that? So you got first place in this race. So what? You don't get a prize.... Anyway, that's just not enjoying the game.
I don't think you understand. Speed runners don't just pick a random game, play it as fast as possible, then pick another game. They're people who've already experienced the game, to the point where there's nothing left to do but complete the game, sometimes 100% it, as quickly as possible. These are people who have played a game so many times that they all the Ins and Outs almost flawlessly, and try to make things harder by playing the game with rules and regulations (like Golden saying he played the game once with a certain restriction, to make things more challenging). sound like purdy kewl guise to mi.


Actually, levelling up to the max is the complete opposite, because you're not even supposed to reach that level; by the end of the game, you're supposed to be, like, forty-five or so. And who's to say that the 'glitch' wasn't put in there by the developers themselves? Who's to say they didn't leave it intentionally?
Supposed to? Who said that? I most certainly didn't end the game at that level. Where did you read that? How can you not be meant to get to level 99 when there's dialogue and even a reward for reaching said level? The developers most definitely wanted you to work for Juggy, since they added obstacles and even set the bar for you.

If you want the legit facts, then well read up. Because it was originally intended for you to get it sooner, but then that didn't happen. go read the hacking forums we have for info on that


....... You're gonna need to farm a WHOLE lot to do that, 'cause you're gonna be needing a Palma load of gold coins for that. And my style of playing include me grinding my Seru before moving on to the next location. When I fought Caruban, Gimard was at level three, and a few hits of that killed it faster than you can recite the history of Legaia. Also, my style reached the point where I grind up all the Seru I find up to level nine after I acquire them and then reach the next inn.
farming iz dum imma just smash dat friggin x button til i win dawg

You NEVER wash a security blanket!
So you're securing it by making sure no one will ever want to come near it... huh.


So you guys are macho aggro players.... THAT kind of macho aggro players.... Well, lemme tell ya something: Chicks don't dig that.
Because chicks all dig gamers right? >:P

I can't speak for anyone but myself, but I'm a mix of careful planning and going in guns blazing. If strategy goes to the the the the I love screaming and running in blind and hot and raw.

and:
jojo (big burly men who pose)>>>>icky cootie filled girls

It doesn't matter if you play it often. If I told him the percentages, he'd give me the same attitude he did with Nighto. And your circumstances are irrelevant, because if you were an experienced gamer, you wouldn't forget this sort of stuff, regardless of how much time passes since the last time you gamed.
Forget what. Iz 10%, even if you had yer party members use Nighto, you'd still only have a 3:30 (aka 1:10) chance of insta-killing. It'd be a lot easier to rip your shirt off and kill it with your magestic ra-seru arm fire sword.....




of doom
it really do be like that tho

Raven
Level 11
Posts:55
Joined:Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:56 am

Re: Nighto

Post by Raven » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:36 pm

Redhollowlives999 wrote: Nothing illegal about it soooo. *sassy finger snaps*
OBJECTION!!!
Redhollowlives999 wrote: Was already broken. Do you even ugly. Cuz I ugly all day long.
Witch, I ugly way more than you.
Redhollowlives999 wrote: My point? If you can kill an opponent with 100% certainty by attacking directly, exactly how useful would using a spell with only a 10% chance of insta-kill be? That's what Iron is saying, or rather, that's what I understood, and it makes perfect sense and no less an "experienced gamer" than the next person who does find a way to use it effectively.
Where's the fun in that? Also, you may not feel like drawing this battle any longer, so you either wanna end it fast or at least start saving up on AP by confusing the foe.
Redhollowlives999 wrote: I don't think you understand. Speed runners don't just pick a random game, play it as fast as possible, then pick another game. They're people who've already experienced the game, to the point where there's nothing left to do but complete the game, sometimes 100% it, as quickly as possible. These are people who have played a game so many times that they all the Ins and Outs almost flawlessly, and try to make things harder by playing the game with rules and regulations (like Golden saying he played the game once with a certain restriction, to make things more challenging). sound like purdy kewl guise to mi.
Not to me it doesn't. Regardless of which time they do it, it's still pointless. What's the point of that? What do you get? Pride? Is that it? That's like one of the most meaningless things in the world.
Redhollowlives999 wrote: Supposed to? Who said that? I most certainly didn't end the game at that level. Where did you read that? How can you not be meant to get to level 99 when there's dialogue and even a reward for reaching said level? The developers most definitely wanted you to work for Juggy, since they added obstacles and even set the bar for you.

If you want the legit facts, then well read up. Because it was originally intended for you to get it sooner, but then that didn't happen. go read the hacking forums we have for info on that
Then at what level did you end the game then? Eh? If I'm wrong, then please do prove me wrong. And you're not meant to max out your levels because then you'll be at much higher levels than your own enemies. You wouldn't need the Evil Talisman by that point. The developers most certainly couldn't have not been aware of that fact, thus they may have left the glitch intentionally there for the players' leisure.
Redhollowlives999 wrote: farming iz dum imma just smash dat friggin x button til i win dawg
...... Then the Viguros will roast you... got gud
Redhollowlives999 wrote: So you're securing it by making sure no one will ever want to come near it... huh.
....... Is there a problem?!
Redhollowlives999 wrote: Because chicks all dig gamers right? >:P

I can't speak for anyone but myself, but I'm a mix of careful planning and going in guns blazing. If strategy goes to the the the the I love screaming and running in blind and hot and raw.

and:
jojo (big burly men who pose)>>>>icky cootie filled girls
Redhollowlives999 wrote: No, they just dig guys with brains instead of sweat.

Forget what. Iz 10%, even if you had yer party members use Nighto, you'd still only have a 3:30 (aka 1:10) chance of insta-killing. It'd be a lot easier to rip your shirt off and kill it with your magestic ra-seru arm fire sword.....




of doom
Now that's just boring.

User avatar
Redhollowlives999
Level Awesome.
Posts:12139
Joined:Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:39 pm
Location:Yes
Contact:

Re: Nighto

Post by Redhollowlives999 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:21 am

Raven wrote:Where's the fun in that? Also, you may not feel like drawing this battle any longer, so you either wanna end it fast or at least start saving up on AP by confusing the foe.
We were discussing effectiveness and now you want to switch over to boringness? Fine.

That's the point, Nighto would not end the battle fast. Arts do a lot more damage than most spells, chaining them correctly + up to par weapons could wreck anyone. Unless yer doing an underleveled run.

Not to me it doesn't. Regardless of which time they do it, it's still pointless. What's the point of that? What do you get? Pride? Is that it? That's like one of the most meaningless things in the world.
Because it creates a sense of pressure when you have to play an entire game from start to end without making mistakes and wasting time, which is FUN to most people. You're not competing for honor or glory, you're competing to find new ways of enjoying the game, and thanks to other people always trying to beat your time, when someone does, you can always play the game again and enjoy beating the current score.

Honestly, it's like you're asking why fighter games are fun. Or why people enjoy racing each other on a field.


Then at what level did you end the game then? Eh? If I'm wrong, then please do prove me wrong. And you're not meant to max out your levels because then you'll be at much higher levels than your own enemies. You wouldn't need the Evil Talisman by that point. The developers most certainly couldn't have not been aware of that fact, thus they may have left the glitch intentionally there for the players' leisure.
That's not a valid reason for why you shouldn't level up to max. The developers made it so you have to be level 99 before the path officially opened up, ergo they intended for you to level up. No point in even arguing this. Not every developer is aware of a game's glitches.

No, they just dig guys with brains instead of sweat.
then they're weak and natural selection is coming for them

Now that's just boring.
And that's just an opinion. "Only boring people get bored."




We're getting off topic here, let's take this back a step. No more insults please.
it really do be like that tho

User avatar
GoldenPower89
Level 57
Posts:1638
Joined:Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:12 am
Location:Indiana

Re: Nighto

Post by GoldenPower89 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:25 am

Well... this topic kinda went places.

To those who actually use Nighto, when do you stop using it? It's obvious that Nighto is fairly useless endgame, but when do you feel he becomes inferior?
Image

User avatar
Redhollowlives999
Level Awesome.
Posts:12139
Joined:Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:39 pm
Location:Yes
Contact:

Re: Nighto

Post by Redhollowlives999 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:19 am

Past Berserker.
it really do be like that tho

User avatar
IronJustice
Level Rusty
Posts:489
Joined:Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:18 pm
Location:St. Louis

Re: Nighto

Post by IronJustice » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:54 pm

Redhollowlives999 wrote:Past Berserker.
You have to use him a lot to have lv9 Nighto by Berserker, especially if it is for all 3 characters.
Legend of Legaia, a pinnacle of human achievement, will always have a place in my heart
Image

User avatar
Redhollowlives999
Level Awesome.
Posts:12139
Joined:Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:39 pm
Location:Yes
Contact:

Re: Nighto

Post by Redhollowlives999 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:46 pm

That's my secret.









i dont

Doesn't grow past level three or so for me. MP consumables are expensive. It'd be easier and cheaper to eat my own G for fuel.
it really do be like that tho

User avatar
Zup
Level 99
Posts:9978
Joined:Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:22 pm

Re: Nighto

Post by Zup » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:55 pm

I don't bother with Nighto ever. Grinding ta get him to a still-measly 10% OHKO rate, watching that same animation over'n over again, only havin' his spell work on random encounters when bosses're the only approaching-difficult enemies in the game, and relying on coward magic over fists makes it a complete snooze ta even bother with
Image

User avatar
Redhollowlives999
Level Awesome.
Posts:12139
Joined:Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:39 pm
Location:Yes
Contact:

Re: Nighto

Post by Redhollowlives999 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:48 pm

^ See, he gets it.
it really do be like that tho

Post Reply