top things you like and hate most on legend of legaia

If its unrelated to the other Legend of Legaia forums, post it here.
Vahn926
Level 14

Re: top things you like and hate most on legend of legaia

Post by Vahn926 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:01 pm

I just hate fishing, its hard and tedious.
Make Legend Of Legaia for PSN classics please!?

GoldenPower89
Level 57

Post by GoldenPower89 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:03 pm

I like the detailed Seru animation. I don't like being unable to skip the same animation after I've seen it 100+ times.

Metopholus
Level 4

Post by Metopholus » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:17 pm

Getting a kiss of death from a Lipian. Then another enemy attacking that character the same turn. Then watching the camera shift to them like "duhh what just happened??"

Fighting a Seru dozens of time to absorb it then spending hours leveling it up to be viable in combat. Not to mention running back and forth to inns to recharge my MP.

IronJustice
Level Rusty

Post by IronJustice » Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:39 am

Metopholus wrote:Getting a kiss of death from a Lipian. Then another enemy attacking that character the same turn. Then watching the camera shift to them like "duhh what just happened??"

Fighting a Seru dozens of time to absorb it then spending hours leveling it up to be viable in combat. Not to mention running back and forth to inns to recharge my MP.
Its so tedius. That is one reason why I struggle to play the game again these days. On the plus side, the game is easy and grinding is mostly optional. This is a fair place to be in, where grinding isn't forced on the average player (too much) but those who wish to can and are rewarded.
Legend of Legaia, a pinnacle of human achievement, will always have a place in my heart

Metopholus
Level 4

Post by Metopholus » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:33 pm

IronJustice wrote:
Metopholus wrote:Getting a kiss of death from a Lipian. Then another enemy attacking that character the same turn. Then watching the camera shift to them like "duhh what just happened??"

Its so tedius. That is one reason why I struggle to play the game again these days. On the plus side, the game is easy and grinding is mostly optional. This is a fair place to be in, where grinding isn't forced on the average player (too much) but those who wish to can and are rewarded.

Oh yes I quite agree! I hope my post wasn't leaning too negative. In the big picture I can easily look past things like those.

My favorite parts of Legaia has to be the interactions between Noa and Gala. They just contrast each other perfectly.

Gameplaer90
Level 16

Post by Gameplaer90 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:44 pm

I liked everything about the game...It was practicly Seseme Street for me.
May we all remember the roads we traval...even if they are diffrent then others or what you did not expect....

IronJustice
Level Rusty

Post by IronJustice » Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:02 pm

Metopholus wrote:
IronJustice wrote:

Oh yes I quite agree! I hope my post wasn't leaning too negative. In the big picture I can easily look past things like those.

My favorite parts of Legaia has to be the interactions between Noa and Gala. They just contrast each other perfectly.
Very true! I heard that Noa, Vahn, and Gala are the Id, Ego, and Superego respectively. So called 'Freudian Trios' like this are common in fiction and often lead to interesting exchanges. The audience finds themselves identifying with both sides of an argument from these types. As a child I found myself liking and agreeing with Noa commonly, but as an adult Gala seems to say what I'm thinking.
Last edited by IronJustice on Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Legend of Legaia, a pinnacle of human achievement, will always have a place in my heart

LegaiaWiki
Level ∞

Post by LegaiaWiki » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:13 am

I suppose I'd like it better if Vahn weren't a silent protagonist. I understand why the developers made him one, but I think silent protagonists work better in stories with a larger crew. Sure there are 5 speaking characters in the party if you count the Ra-Seru, but in a story where so many terrible things happen throughout, especially toward the end, it would have made more of an impact if we could see Vahn react to the events unfolding before him outside of facial expressions in certain scenes.

Would also have liked it if we got more insight on Songi's Ra-Seru. They likely didn't have any interaction between the Ra-Seru and Songi's Ra-Seru so the big reveal would be a surprise, but there were so many Seru and we didn't get to see much of the rest of them.

Redhollowlives999
Level Awesome.

Post by Redhollowlives999 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:07 am

I'm going to add on to my last list, and I'll try to make it somewhat different from everybody elses.

- The one side of the magic system that's actually effective in battle (aside from healing) and that's letting characters that would normally suck in a fight against the opposing element get a chance ta do some real damage. Like, Vahn vs Zeto (fire vs water) is a disadvantage for Vahn; his art dmg goes down by half. But since yah just got Theeder (or Viguro is you snagged thay opportunity), and had more than enough time ta level him up, it's definitely enough to make up for Vahn's lack of fire power (no pun intended).

- The character interactions are nice. Noa interacting with the world outside of her cage (cave) and Vahn, then Gala, having to be her teachers and impulse control.

- The name Vahn. Wasn't expecting German (i think).

Dislikes:

- Ozma didn't really get any real representation as a character. It blended pretty well with Gala so no real conversations came up that sparked up any real interest.

- The loooong dungeons with no way of restoring MP (some dungeons fix that though). More often than not I found myself near the boss fight with no MP whatsoever, and having to CONSTANTLY keep an eye on it cuz I couldn't afford a lot of MP items is a real chore.
- Not enough Gaza.
- Bosses felt bland (i still barely remember Dohati, dude was incredibly underwhelming and useless). Zeto and the Deli group (lightning leg bae, Gi, and Kratos with a tan) were among the most interesting due to their previous interactions with the party BEFORE their fights.
it really do be like that tho

IronJustice
Level Rusty

Post by IronJustice » Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:50 pm

Yeah Red. The first time I played through I had no idea who Dohati was until I fought him, and then I was expecting someone to explain who he was and it never happened. It wasn't until reading online that I discovered he was briefly mentioned before and after, but it was forgettable.