challenge ideas.

If its unrelated to the other Legend of Legaia forums, post it here.
deadly virus
Level 48

challenge ideas.

Post by deadly virus » Tue May 09, 2017 2:41 pm

Back a million years ago when I actively played this game, a few folks from gamefaqs came up with a challenge to play the game with :

- no equipment and no seru.

I got to around Jeremi before I got bored. A few others who tried got farther.

Another challenge was to get to lvl 99 before leaving Rim Elm. One guy tried it, but I don't recall how far her made it.

Anyone else have other ideas?
Virus DeLarge: member of the Deuce Pine Moose gang
___
"DV's mind is as corrupt as his liver. It's tainted with alcohol and death.
He comes from behind and kills you with his shovel. And eats your corpse, because he's DV" - redhollowlives999

IronJustice
Level Rusty

Re: challenge ideas.

Post by IronJustice » Tue May 09, 2017 10:27 pm

I love challenges.

One you could do is using only one character. The other two may be dead. It would only be pure though with help from a Gameshark since dead characters will normally revive with 1 HP. If you want an easier challenge, they can be petrified (enemies will still waste turns to attack them to no effect).

This challenge could end up being easier in a way once you grind, since all EXP will go to one player, allowing them to grow faster. They can also hog all of the equipment, items, and stat growth items. Also since all seru being used will be from one person, they will level up quicker too.

Also kitty
Legend of Legaia, a pinnacle of human achievement, will always have a place in my heart

K73SK
Level 89

Post by K73SK » Thu May 11, 2017 5:40 pm

Beat the game by never fighting an enemy (always run away) - except bosses? That should be impossible.
Donate to legendoflegaia.net if you are one who wants to keep it alive! http://www.legendoflegaia.net/donate.html

Nightshade
Level 60

Post by Nightshade » Thu May 11, 2017 9:17 pm

IronJustice wrote:I love challenges.

One you could do is using only one character. The other two may be dead. It would only be pure though with help from a Gameshark since dead characters will normally revive with 1 HP. If you want an easier challenge, they can be petrified (enemies will still waste turns to attack them to no effect).

This challenge could end up being easier in a way once you grind, since all EXP will go to one player, allowing them to grow faster. They can also hog all of the equipment, items, and stat growth items. Also since all seru being used will be from one person, they will level up quicker too.

Also kitty
You could use the solo character glitch to actually get a 1 character party starting with Nivora Ravine.
Do not question yourself with the why or the how. I simply am, and that is all you need to know.

deadly virus
Level 48

Post by deadly virus » Mon May 22, 2017 11:49 am

best challenge ever... play the game while the tv is off
Virus DeLarge: member of the Deuce Pine Moose gang
___
"DV's mind is as corrupt as his liver. It's tainted with alcohol and death.
He comes from behind and kills you with his shovel. And eats your corpse, because he's DV" - redhollowlives999

K73SK
Level 89

Post by K73SK » Wed May 24, 2017 7:30 pm

deadly virus wrote:best challenge ever... play the game while the tv is off
This legitimately sounds like an awesome idea. Or turn it off, play for 5 minutes, and then turn it back on for 2 seconds to get an idea of where you are at, and then turn it off again for 5 minutes.

Hint: Put in a memory card you don't about the save games on. Who knows what might accidentally happen lol
Donate to legendoflegaia.net if you are one who wants to keep it alive! http://www.legendoflegaia.net/donate.html