Legaia Science

If its unrelated to the other Legend of Legaia forums, post it here.
Gameplaer90
Level 16

Legaia Science

Post by Gameplaer90 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:57 am

Where we discuss stuff like If Seru possesed Humans still eat or if Seru possesed animals and what they did. Just Theiroies about stuff in the game.
May we all remember the roads we traval...even if they are diffrent then others or what you did not expect....

LegaiaWiki
Level ∞

Re: Legaia Science

Post by LegaiaWiki » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:44 pm

Seru monsters don't eat. In Drake Castle you find a letter from King Drake III that says they should be able to survive on Drake Water while possessed until the Mist goes away, but I think the Drake Water was just stored behind the cages as a 'just in case'. Seru monsters are found in many places where there are no food or water sources, and after the Mist is cleared they come out of it without having aged or anything.

I don't believe the Seru ever attacked or possessed non-humans. I mean, maybe they did because Terra in her wolf form gets targeted in battle, but that could just be a gameplay decision. As far as the story is concerned, I think only humans had anything to fear from berserk Seru.

One topic I've always been interested in is the subject of Seru durability. I remember on one message board a long time ago (Neoseeker maybe?) there was a topic about whether or not the Ra-Seru heroes could survive getting shot with a bullet and the opinions were mixed.

Wearing a Seru has to give some level of enhanced durability, but it's not clear what level and things in the game are mixed. I mean we see that Vahn and co can enter a volcanic layer and ride just above it without having any problems with heat exhaustion or burning up, though you can't jump through the hot steam leading into Ratayu because you're told that it's too hot to go through. Then there's the Delilas Family being heavily wounded after losing to the heroes and falling into an ice pit, and somehow still surviving even after three TimeSpace bombs blew up right on top of them, yet we are told that the Ra-Seru heroes would die if they weren't airlifted out of the falling Floating Castle.

Hmm...

IronJustice
Level Rusty

Post by IronJustice » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:23 am

You bring up a lot of good points Sise, with the seemingly inconsistent nature of things. Also we have the disparity between story and gameplay. Its possible that we are thinking this through more than the developers did, who just needed some plot devices... but I would argue that there could be an explanation. The Ra Seru grow over time, and they seem to grow with the development of the human and the development of the relationship between them. Also the Ra Seru seem to be avatars for Tieg and the Genesis Trees, the more the world is restored the more power is imparted onto them.

So, to think of a comic book equivilant, it is like a mix between the Green Lantern and the Venom symbiotes. The Green Lantern has almost limitless power, but it is completely dependent on his willpower and faith. The Venom symbiote is very powerful, but is dependent on a good relationship with its human. Situations like when the Carnage symbiote forcibly possessed Spider-Man only lasted briefly and ended poorly. The most successful mergers are where the personalities compliment eachother and both are eager to cooperate.

In a general sense, they don't seem to be too overpowered though. Despite some brief instances of super massive powers, think of the things that can kill them... like being beaten by wild animals or being poisoned.
Legend of Legaia, a pinnacle of human achievement, will always have a place in my heart

Redhollowlives999
Level Awesome.

Post by Redhollowlives999 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:37 pm

Before we can accurately discuss thay, Sise, we need to know, are you talking lvl max ra seru? I'll write my thoughts on their durability when I get the time.
it really do be like that tho