New Poll 10/29/2013 (RPG IDEA!)

Just a forum that contains information regarding the newest polls on the main site.

What should the RPG be based around?

Poll ended at Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:03 pm

Original Dungeons and Dragons
No votes
Legend of Legaia
44%
Legaia 2
44%
I don't want to play Dungeons and Dragons
No votes
I don't care, as long as I get to play
11%

Total votes: 9

K73SK
Level 89

New Poll 10/29/2013 (RPG IDEA!)

Post by K73SK » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:03 pm

So, a new idea is on the rise for the forums. It's actually an RPG! The idea is to implement a Dungeons and Dragons game into the forums.

Now, I'm well aware that most people here don't know how to play, or have very little experience (like myself). However, the point of the RPG is to help with the following:

1.) Put an actual economy into the forums by using forum G as the currency to play the game
2.) Make an RPG with merchants, characters that can be put onto other quests, and a leveling system idea that is fair to everyone
3.) To just have fun in general!

Originally, the idea was simply to put DnD on the forums and play it like that... But then the awesome idea of "Let's make it Legaia themed!" came up. So this poll here is mostly to figure out what people would likely play the most. But first, read the deal with your choice:

1.) Choosing the original DnD style will obviously be the easiest, and require the least amount of time to *create* the RPG rules, FAQ, etc. Also, it leaves us to the normal rules that are in Dungeons and Dragons so there's no possible arguments/debate in the future as to what's fair and what's not.

2.) Choosing a Legend of Legaia themed is likely to be everyone's choice, but this is also the HARDEST to implement. DnD has different classes/races, languages, magic, and things that Legend of Legaia definitely lacks. This will not only take the longest, but will require MUCH modification to the rules/layout of DnD... Think real hard on whether you want this choice or choice 1 or 3.

3.) Choosing Legaia 2 will be much easier than Legend of Legaia, but will still require some modifications to the rules. Legaia 2 gives us the classes/races, magic, and more items but the languages would still need some thought (but shouldn't be hard since we'll have more races). Again, it'll take longer than #1, but it's definitely easier than #2 and is still Legaia theme based.

Dungeons and Dragons also uses dice-rolling. Luckily, there are dice-rolling mods just for forums, which we can use. The question on whether this'll be easy to implement on the new forums remains a mystery (unfortunately, at the rate of donations, I may have to cancel the future forums and just stick to these ones... different topic though). It should work on these current ones. It'll allow a person to "roll a die" and NOT be able to change that result, so that way there is no cheating and everything plays out fair through the game.

Each person who participates in the DnD RPG forum will also be placed in the following threads:

Dungeon Masters - This thread will list all participants with the number of times they played dungeon masters (DM), along with which quests they played the DM for. Everyone is required to play a DM an equal number of times. Who is chosen as the next DM is going to be dependent on the mods. If a person fails to accept being a DM in 'x' amount of days, or does not implement all the required materials that a DM must plan for a new quest, then they will *NOT* be able to participate in the next quest.

Characters - This will have all the information on everyones character, being strength, dexterity, weapons, armor, current health/magic, you name it. The only thing to not be labeled here will be the amount of money the person has - considering this is forum based currency. Also note, each person gets *ONE* character. If you want to make a new character, you *MUST* destroy your old one. It'll make the consistency of the RPG much easier to follow. This could change in the future, but this is just for now.

There may be more threads and information to come as time goes and more planning is done. As for now, this is just a "Draft" for what is expected to come. Remember, this is for EVERYONE. Just because you don't know how to play DnD doesn't mean you can't join. We'll be making a thread with rules, information on how to play, etc. just so you can easily jump in without any problem.
Donate to legendoflegaia.net if you are one who wants to keep it alive! http://www.legendoflegaia.net/donate.html

Lonewulf
Level 9001

Re: New Poll 10/29/2013 (RPG IDEA!)

Post by Lonewulf » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:20 pm

I put my vote down for Legaia 2 based. It'd be fun and less aggravating to accomplish than Legaia 1 based.
_______
Wulf Belmont, member of the Deuce Pine Moose gang.

GoldenPower89
Level 57

Post by GoldenPower89 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:22 pm

As I haven't played Legaia 2 (I'm TRYING to find time!), I chose Legaia 1.

K73SK
Level 89

Post by K73SK » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:23 pm

I'm actually in the same boat as Lonewulf, lol.
Donate to legendoflegaia.net if you are one who wants to keep it alive! http://www.legendoflegaia.net/donate.html

JCTC
Level 43

Post by JCTC » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:16 pm

This site is dedicated to Legend of Legaia 1. The only Legaia 2 thing we have is the Forums, and an incomplete FAQ. Plus Legaia 1 is much better, I mean who doesn't love level grinding? I haven't played it in 2 months though...
Names are for friends, so I don't need one.

~Agent 47

http://hitman.wikia.com/wiki/Agent_47

K73SK
Level 89

Post by K73SK » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:15 pm

Actually the site is dedicated to both the first AND second game... So anything legaia-related. If you mean incomplete legaia 2 portion of the site when you say FAQ, then yes, it's incomplete... But there's also a lot more in Legaia 2 than Legend of Legaia (the primary reason for that incomplete stuff).

Anyway, just remember - if you vote for the first game, as mentioned in the post, the longer it'll take before we get this thing up and going.

Redhollowlives999
Level Awesome.

Post by Redhollowlives999 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:30 pm

Legaia 2's system and basic universe better fit the DnD-universe ideology (or at least what I assume is DnD).

So I'm down for a Legaia 2 thing. We don't have enough of those.
it really do be like that tho

JCTC
Level 43

Post by JCTC » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:04 pm

I really want Legaia one, cuz I heard Legaia 2 sucked compared to the first. Plus I can't find Legaia 2 anywhere, I have never played it, and I will probably never be able to. But whatever. I guess Legaia 2 would be alright... But only because it don't take as long.

K73SK
Level 89

Post by K73SK » Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:23 pm

Legaia 2 wasn't as good in regards to the story and character development, but the game itself is still just as fun in regards to gameplay and minigames (in my opinion). You can find it on eBay for sure.

Rammerrush
Level 100

Post by Rammerrush » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:50 am

I'd go with 2, but you know this would be a lot easier if the two games were in the same world lol. 1 could be a whole separate race of people with Seru. Too bad.
Red: I've seen a 10-way.
Ram: That's how I met your mother, Red.
~Status~
Destuin= Dead
Dolor= Dead
CYOA= Dead
Furanda= Dead?