New Poll 03/04/2017 - Resetting G

Just a forum that contains information regarding the newest polls on the main site.

Read the post... Are you on board with this?

Poll ended at Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:02 pm

Yes
50%
No
No votes
Neutral
50%

Total votes: 4

K73SK
Level 89

New Poll 03/04/2017 - Resetting G

Post by K73SK » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:02 pm

So not to blow things up and freak people out but...

I'm thinking of resetting G on the new site to zero for everyone... Up to a point. What do I mean by that?

If you received G for any of the following, your account will *start* with that amount (aggregated):
  • Donations to the site
  • Errors/problems/etc reported to the site
  • Purchased made to/from other people from the Marketplace (Up to today's date [to avoid people trying to get around the problem])
  • 50 for every successful user invited to the website
  • The initial 15G you got when joining the website
And yes, your items will be transferred over.

But why are we doing this!?
Let's face it. The economy on these forums has died. If we were to transfer every user's G to the new site, the chances are that the one of two things would happen:
1. We overprice everything and no newbie can ever get anything (like what happens in a lot of MMO's)
2. We keep everything the same and just let the new website's economy suck just as bad

I'm hoping that the list above will be enough of a compromise to those who have worked hard on the things they've earned, to be used to the new site. It's mostly the "post count" G and such that I'm trying to kill off. The intentions are to move away from the idea of gaining G through post counts, and to gain it through other means. That's yet to be determined, however.
Donate to legendoflegaia.net if you are one who wants to keep it alive! http://www.legendoflegaia.net/donate.html

GoldenPower89
Level 57

Re: New Poll 03/04/2017 - Resetting G

Post by GoldenPower89 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:14 pm

I don't think post count G is something you should kill off. It encourages people to post more. Any less posts and we wouldn't have any activity at all. If I had to point out the problem, I'd say it's the interest we get from keeping G in the bank. Maybe put a set amount, instead of a percentage?

Nitwit
Level 18

Post by Nitwit » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:54 am

Interesting post. :)
Next time on Dragon Ball Z! Playing on the Switch will get me to kill some fools. Tune in to Dragon Ball Z to find out. 8-)

K73SK
Level 89

Post by K73SK » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:54 pm

GoldenPower89 wrote:I don't think post count G is something you should kill off. It encourages people to post more. Any less posts and we wouldn't have any activity at all. If I had to point out the problem, I'd say it's the interest we get from keeping G in the bank. Maybe put a set amount, instead of a percentage?
First to answer your question from the shoutbox with a short answer: That's already planned. :)
GoldenPower89 wrote:If the currency is reset, we should add more shop stuff or make it more useful somehow. I wouldn’t want to save up for the same things twice.
To answer your forum post... I agree and that's probably a huge part of it. It used to not work, and I didn't realize it was resolved and working TBH lol.

And I guess "kill off" was the wrong word now that I think about it. I meant more of making it less of something users rely on for gaining currency. Users still need to make money on the site somehow, but my intention would be to either lower the amount of G gathered from the posts, or just make the items in the store higher in price and more "Legaia-like".

The primary problem that happens here is people don't care much for spending it, they care more for gaining it. Which yeah that's a great strategy in real life, but does kind of make the whole point of the website's currency a little drag/boring in the end. Honestly, when's the last time anyone here looked in the store to purchase a Seru? Assuming you don't have them all already, probably not recently at all lol.

Besides some ideas we already have in some documents for the new site (we're keeping them a surprise)... I'd like to hear what ideas people have here for items, too.
Donate to legendoflegaia.net if you are one who wants to keep it alive! http://www.legendoflegaia.net/donate.html

Nightshade
Level 60

Post by Nightshade » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:30 am

More Legaia 1 maybe; you've got more money than you know what to do with in Legaia 2, since you can get 90,000 G before you even leave Nohl to go to Hunter's Wood for the first time.

In any case, despite my position, which is clearly biased in favor of the status quo, I would be fine with doing away interest, but I do think post count G should stay in some form. I mean, disable it for posts in the spam/chat threads is you're worried about people posting low-effort chit-chat to farm for forum G, but I agree that there should be some incentive to post; it's not like we've got a bustling forum here.

For transparency, I am voting *neutral* with the caveat that I'm explaining my position in this post.
Do not question yourself with the why or the how. I simply am, and that is all you need to know.

K73SK
Level 89

Post by K73SK » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:09 pm

Nightshade wrote:...but I do think post count G should stay in some form....
Do you mean getting G for posts, keeping the amount of G people gathered from posts here, or both?

Nightshade
Level 60

Post by Nightshade » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:56 pm

K73SK wrote:
Do you mean getting G for posts, keeping the amount of G people gathered from posts here, or both?
At least the first. I don't think it's strictly necessary to do keep the G retroactively, though if possible, it would be nice to keep it for posts in the 'on-topic threads' (i.e. not the chat threads).
Do not question yourself with the why or the how. I simply am, and that is all you need to know.

K73SK
Level 89

Post by K73SK » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:46 pm

Nightshade wrote:
K73SK wrote:
At least the first. I don't think it's strictly necessary to do keep the G retroactively, though if possible, it would be nice to keep it for posts in the 'on-topic threads' (i.e. not the chat threads).
Because the overpowerful amount of G users have on here is due to the bank interest, I'm thinking what I'll do is actually grab a query to get the users total posts + threads created since they joined + successful invitees. Then total the amount (according to the posts) and see what that is. I'll do the same for queries outside of the off-topic areas. Basically, find a point where people will still keep a good amount of G they essentially earned, but help the future site's market a little bit so it's fun for everyone, not just newbies.

But yeah, getting G for posts... I'll probably keep that, and manage how much is given to users from the posts. Haven't figured out how to go about doing that quite yet, but I'll get something. :)

GoldenPower89
Level 57

Post by GoldenPower89 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:19 pm

Can I keep mah lotto winnings?

K73SK
Level 89

Post by K73SK » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:17 pm

I'll give you a cookie